REGULAR MEETING OF THE DISTRICT OF TOFINO COUNCIL
HELD IN THE COUNCIL CHAMBERS
AGENDA: 2012-JANUARY-24 AT 9:00 AM
A) CALL MEETING TO ORDER
B) ADDITIONS TO OR DELETIONS FROM THE AGENDA
C) ADOPTION OF AGENDA
D) ADOPTION OF MINUTES
1. Amended Minutes of the Regular Open Council Meeting held December 14, 2011.
2011-12-14 Regular Meeting Amended Minutes
2. Minutes of the Regular Open Council Meeting held January 10, 2012.
2012-01-10 Regular Minutes
E) BUSINESS ARISING FROM THE MINUTES
F) ANNOUNCEMENTS FROM THE MAYOR
G) CORRESPONDENCE FOR INFORMATION ONLY
1. Letter from Lyn Brown, VP Marketing & Corporate Responsibility, Catalyst Paper Corporation, providing Council with an update of their progress they have made to date.
2011-12-09 Letter from Catalyst
2. Letter from Bill MacGougan, Assessor for Central Vancouver Island, introducing himself as the local assessor and advising that the 2012 property roll, includeing news releases is available on their website.
2011-12-09 Letter from BC Assessment
H) CORRESPONDENCE: REQUIRING ACTION
1. Letter from James Costello, President of the Tofino Business Association, requesting Council to direct the Superintendent of Public Works to investigate the roadbed on the 4th Street hill for any necessary infrastructure repairs.
2012-01-12 Letter from TBA
2. Letter from Sumitra McMurchy, Vancouver Island Harmony Run, requesting Council's assistance in obtaining a coordinator for their event.
2011-11-29 Letter from VIHR
3. Email from Emma Neill requesting that the District consider an alternate location for the Lone Cone Community Garden.
2011-08-04 Email from Emma Neill
4. Letter from Beth Luchies, Child and Youth Mental Health Counsellor, Nuu chah nulth Tribal Council - Central Region, requesting that Council waive the $250 van rental fee for the West Coast Divsion of the First Nations Snowboard Team.
2012-01-17 Letter from Beth Luchies
5. Letter from Warren Munroe, Population and Analysis Specialist, offering his services to the District to prepare a population analysis of the 2011 Canada Census results.
2012-01-05 Letter from Warren Munroe
6. Letter from Gary Blundell inquiring if Council would like to purchase his works of art which were inspired from his time spent in Tofino in 2006.
2012-01-17 Letter from Gary Blundell
7. Letter from Carol Sedgwick, Principal, Ucluelet Secondary School, requesting Council's support towards their 2012 Global Education Volunteer Trip to China.
2012-01-17 Letter from Ucluelet Secondary School
8. Letter from Wendy Hainstock, Festival Coordinator, Pacific Rim Whale Festival Society, requesting Council support and an exemption to Policy 505-09 to extend the hours for their Martini Migration event.
2012-01-18 PRWFS Request for support
9. Letter from Daisy Foster, CEO, BC Water & Waste Association, requesting Council to appoint a Community Liaison to the BC Community Water Challenge and proclaim May 13-19, 2012 "Drinking Water Week".
2012-01-19 Letter from BCWWA
I) Convene COMMITTEE OF THE WHOLE meeting at 10:00AM
1. Staff Reports
a) Revised Terms of Reference for OCP Implementation & Monitoring Committee (OCPIMC). (Report from Deputy Clerk)
RECOMMENDED: THAT Council approved the revised terms of reference for the OCP Implementation & Monitoring Committee.
2012-01-24 RTC ToR OCPIMC
b) Tofino Transit – 2011 Results Analysis. (Report from Director of Financial Services)
RECOMMENDED: THAT COUNCIL receives for information;
AND THAT COUNCIL determines to what extent the Tofino Transit service should continue from 2012-2016
2012-01-24 RTC Tofino Transit - 2011 Service Results Analysis
Tofino Transit Appendix - Summary 2011
2. Committee Reports
a) Committee Reports (verbal)
b) Minutes of the Arts, Culture and Historical Committee meeting held December 5, 2011.
2011-12-05 ACHC Minutes
c) RCMP Report for the month of December 2011.
2011 December RCMP Policing Report
3. Council Verbal Reports
K) NEW BUSINESS
1. Discussion regarding the cost of flushing residential and commercial water systems. (Verbal Report to be provided by Councillor Cameron)
L) 15 MINUTE QUESTION PERIOD
M) ADOPTION OF IN CAMERA AGENDA
MOTION: “That the In Camera agenda be adopted as circulated; that the In Camera meeting be closed to the public pursuant to Sections 89 and 90(1)(g), (j) and (l) of the Community Charter:
(1) Adopt the minutes from the in-camera meetings held January 10, 2012.
(2) Section 90(1)(g) Legal Issues Update.
(3) Section 90(1)(l) Annual Report
(4) Section 90(1)(j) Freedom of Information & Protection of Prvacy Act s.22(3)(f).
O) RECONVENE FROM IN CAMERA MEETING
P) RELEASE OF CLOSED MEETING INFORMATION