Tuesday, October 26, 2010

oct.26 2010 Public Hearing on Subsidized Housing

I find myself at work this morning ( I'm working on my other computer) so I won't be able to attend the Public Hearing for the rezoning of DL 114 for Subsidized Social Housing....I guess that's why they hold the meetings during working hours...not that it would matter as the District Council has already decided to proceed with the initiative. I can't think of any private enterprise operations that would hire a project coordinator before they even went to a public hearing for rezoning....
The Tofino Housing Corporation has been an ongoing GRAVY TRAIN for consultants....hundreds of thousands of tax dollars already spent....this has been going on for over six years !! Vacancy rates for long term rentals are at a 20 year high but they still want to proceed on the basis of an outdated survey and an outdated Official Community Plan....I think only an election will bring any common sense to this discussion......

No comments: